Friday, January 9, 2009

Real.Simple.Weddings

I’m jealous.

I was reading the Weddings issue of Real Simple magazine. Tips on how to save on Photography, Reception, Food, Flowers, DJ… It’s amazing what they come up with.

Then there are the real-life stories of couples that spent less than $10,000 on their weddings. And I’m jealous. I wonder, “How can they do that?” So I continue reading and finally I come across the answer: they invited no more than 100 people.

As many times as my mother has told me that life is not fair, I will say this: that’s not fair.

I’m not rich. I know this and have accepted it. I’m also not very simple. I have ideas for the very-distant-future happiest-day-of-my-life. Some of them are pretty grand.

Herein lies the problem. My family alone is nearly 100 people. And we’re big party people.

So what is a girl to do?


Start saving now. Or, marry an orphan.

No comments: