Tuesday, January 20, 2009

DIY... Invitations

Last November, we tried something different with our invitations for the Star and Moon Bridal Show, making them ourselves.

We've always been looking for the perfect invitation. Cost-effective, appealing to the eye and not ridiculously troublesome. Something I'm sure many brides are thinking about, too.

We've gone the order-them-from-the-store route. Too expensive. We printed them ourselves. The ink rubbed off the paper. We ordered them online. Professional looking, but definitely not captivating enough.

So last year we invaded Office Max, Staples, Michael's, A.C. Moore and JoAnn's and finally came up with something we could really be proud of. It was easy to do, though time consuming. But in the end, I felt a great sense of accomplishment. They were simple. We bought nice silver/gray metallic cardstock, printed the wording on plain white cardstock (with this fabulous font I found on the web) and at the top made a bow out of white ribbon and strung mini pearl-type beads.

It ended up costing us about .16 per invitation and they weren't too shabby. I realized that when I get married, I could easily do my own invitations, spending a bit more money for a touch better quality and extravagance.

No comments: